I am curious.
Does wearing heels burn more calories than flats?
I personally feel that it does, because having to walk in heels strains the legs and we need to use more energy to walk around...? Haha, I don't know. Let me know what do y'all think! I googled it but I couldn't find any reliable sources. =/
On a side note, the new school term officially starts tomorrow! I hate having to adapt to a whole new environment.. making new friends.. Need to stay positive, yes!
Ps: 102 followers in bloglovin'! Thank you dears! (: If you love my blog, follow me!
I have really thought of that myself, but I don't know either. But we can still stay in our belives and hope that it does ;) haha
I also think heels would burn more calories than flats... I mean you have to keep balance and your muscles are used a lot more!
Good luck on your first day of school!
If it does, im gonna wear heels everytime i go out. HAHAHA. well im not too sure either. never heard about burning calories though... same! i hate having to adapt to a new environment! makes me feel uncomfortable. Good Luck tomorrow :D
hiii, sorry to be nosy, but where will you be starting school? nus?:)
this is all I can find.
Reasons for wearing high-heels, which are almost exclusively aesthetic, include:
* they change the angle of the foot with respect to the lower leg, which accentuates the appearance of calves
* they change the wearer's posture, requiring a more upright carriage and altering the gait in what is considered a seductive fashion
* they make the wearer appear taller
* they make the legs appear longer
* they make the foot appear smaller
* they make the toes appear shorter
* they make the arches of the feet higher and better defined
* they make the lower leg muscles more defined
Reasons for not wearing high-heels include:
* they can cause foot pain
* they can create foot deformities, including hammertoes and bunions
* they can cause an unsteady gait
* they can shorten the wearer's stride
* they can render the wearer unable to run
* altered forces at the knee caused by walking in high-heels may predispose to degenerative changes in the knee joint
* See "Foot and Tendon Problems" below for many of the medical reasons.
* Women who wear high heels frequently have a higher incidence of degenerative joint disease of the knees. This is because they cause a decrease in the normal rotation of the foot which puts more rotation stress on the knee
Same here! School starting.. I don't know what to feel!
All the best to you!
I actually have thought of this before. Maybe.
im not sure abt heels burning calories because i wear them all the time and im not getting any thinner. lol
i love all the heels in your collage! i tried the teal one frm Topshop before. its crazy high.
i love your blog but i was wondering why your blog is in swedish? i thought you were from singapore?
Aah, ja ikke sant det virker sånn?:) Du kjenner det i leggene etter en hel dag!
I am not sure about any calories burning because when I wear heels I tend to walk a bit slower making sure my shoes and feet dont get hurt (I have a neighbour who broke her waist because of her heels - not a pretty sight!)
I would think I am faster and more vigorous and or active with flats and burn more calories then.. I could be wrong :-)
i think wearing too much heels eventually make you physically shorter. wearing heels stretches your hamstrings until its all loose, like with a band when super stretched. idk But i still love em.
Interesting question :D I would say it doesnt exactly burn calories but defines the legs because it approaches the muscles.. But you dont get thinner, thaz would be too nice haha
gorgeous shoes btw! they made my heart beat a little bit faster hehe :)
Plus with all the pain you have to endure, your body has to pump adrenaline to reduce the pain and that laso burns more calories. :o)
I think heels burn more calories than flats because wearing heels require you to maintain posture and to align your spine.. Plus it requires more muscles -- in your calves, back and butt.. But we all know that the higher the heel the more strain it does to your spine and lower back.. Knowing these, I still wear my beloved heels nonetheless..=)
I think it does for me with a at least 15lbs weight tote/handbag!! :)
Btw, i love all of them!
i like your blog :)
Argghh..I think they already says those possible things bout your question. ;D Nothing more to say but great post. Coz you made them all participate on this post. Great job! Have a wonderful day ahead. ;D
<a href="http://www.solofoodtrip.com/">Travel and Living</a>
<a href="http://jobhuntpinoy.com/">Job Hunt Pinoy</a>
Thanks for the comment on my blog ! Adding you to the blogroll :)
I totally think so ! And it actually makes your lower calves of your legs slimmer :)
Heard it from nu-ren wo zhuai da .(hope i got the spelling right) a beauty show in taiwan
I actually read on a health magazine awhile back that women who wear flats burn more calories than those who wear heels. Only because heels tend to get uncomfortable after a while and you may not notice it, but youd tend to sit more or lean on smg when in heels than when in flats.